16 October, 2012

Debate (NON POLITICAL)

I have been thinking, which for me is a dangerous thing to do, as my mind wanders to the past, which I have been thinking far too much about, and have often been accused of being stuck in(a fact I will not dispute, and sadly must agree) I digress as usual, so here's my debate/dilemma/quandary..


TECHNOLOGY!!!


With Christmas fast approaching, and money tight as usual, I find myself debating what little gadget or gizmo  would be the perfect gift for well MOI... 

I don't really want an iPhone, or Android phone or well a phone at all as I have a phone, sure it's a half wit with predictive text, photo messaging and GASP it makes and receives phone calls (who would have guessed a mobile could that), and here so many people think it's for  videos, and movies..oh well my phone also doubles for an MP3 player and it does have a camera, but that's about as smart as it gets.  

Back to the quandary...

Tablet, Kindle Fire(4G), Digital SLR Camera....   All are similarly priced, all would be great, but what would be the ultimate ??

I have a laptop, which is state of the art, it's top of the line (at least 2 years go it was) 
I don't want another PC just yet, as even though the Toshiba is 2 years old, it is still a fairly decent machine, it's been on several vacations with me, and sadly has a few battle scars, but it still works great (far better than my Dell Desk top did after a year..(NEVER let Dell Tech support help you, they only cock things up)
I wanted a Kindle Fire last year, but I didn't get it, I waited.. I wanted to see if a better one would come on the market, and lo and behold it did, the new Kindle Fire 4G, colour  and 4G and I already have an Amazon membership so free movies on a 7 inch screen...(Yeah??)

Next on the list is a Tablet, but what tablet??  I would love an iPad, as I am a long time Apple fan, before I was forced into using DOS(did I just give away my age? Does anyone remember DOS??)Windows PCs   I swore by  my Quadra..  There is the Nexus, the Element (which looks kinda neat as it's water proof)
I am confused on which to get, but I know that if I go for a the Kindle 4G at it's new price, might as well go for a full blown tablet.. but which one?

And lastly  a digital SLR camera, the brand I favour is a Canon, or perhaps the a Nikon, or Olympus. I love photography, it's a hobby of mine, everything I do, everywhere I go, I have some sort of photo.
 I am not sure which would be the best  for my needs. I love going to the airport and photographing planes.. (plane spotting as it were)  a camera with a good zoom lens (one that I wouldn't have to spend a fortune on the camera then the lens..) The lenses for some of these cameras YOUCH!! I currently have a Canon digital Camera and it takes AWSOME pics, but it's not an SLR and it's zoom is limited. I don't really want another Digital Video camera but if the SLR I do end up getting has a video function, so be it.

I've got some time think and drool over the latest and greatest,  I know I will be drooling and dreaming for a while, and the end result will most likely be some other gadget more affordable, like a pocket calculator, or maybe a plushy TARDIS with lights and sound... I maybe geeky, but I like the cute things too..

If I make a Pros & Cons list.. the biggest CON(no pun intended) would be the prices of the latest and greatest technology..  

The real problem that technology is evolution on steroids, and advances are made each and every day, so today's latest and greatest is tomorrow's antiquated and outdated table weight ( how long ago was it that everyone wanted an iPhone 4s and now there is an iPhone5??)

Was there really a point to this?  Nope just ramblings of a geek gal...

No comments:

Post a Comment