20 November, 2012

MUSIC




Music is a powerful wonderful thing, it can make us remember the good times and bad, cry smile laugh and feel all the emotions associated with the first time we hear a song.
I don't know why, I am feeling so nostalgic lately, I would like to say it is because I am yearning for a simpler time, but those times I find myself thinking of are far from simple.
I find myself questioning every choice I have made in life, wondering if  I should have zagged when I zigged, or should have turned when I stayed the course.
There are many questions I will never have the answers for, and it hurts, but that's life I guess.. So I will live where I have before,  doing much the same that was done before, only older now, and think of the good times, which were there, but to far and to few to share.. I will wonder  why it couldn't have been better, and why I was the target of so much violence and anger, when I offered the softer things?
Now maybe you have come to realise that you can not be that way with people, but why did you learn that lesson at mine and our childrens expence?
Makes no difference I guess, you have moved on and I did too, just this horrid place,  and the fact that all the music I listen too I was introduced to by you.. At least we shared something right? (wasn't that Who Concert great, and who could forget the two times we saw Robert Plant?)
So here's to music and all the  good and bad memories that come with it.
Guess if I wasn't feeling  something, I would be dead, which sometimes I do feel that way.
But There is Music that also renews my spirit and makes me remember the MUCH better things , the promises of happier times, the promises of  the rose bush, of home and the "guy " and joy that is to be had.. The promise of a future like none other.
And perhaps this has taught me that the past is not something to be wallowed in, or regret, but to think of once in a while, as where a few mistakes were made,  other choices led to the great things of today and better things of tomorrow.
A simple , complicated, Cheers to the Future, and thanks to the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment