18 September, 2012

  • The high cost of health care is making me sick!

    I am one of millions without adequate or any health insurance, and yet I have health problems that require monthly prescriptions.Today I was SHOCKED into reality.. I can't afford to stay healthy!

    I went to pick up my prescriptions only to be told that there are no generics for the medications I have been prescribed, that the total of two prescriptions was going to be.. drum roll please... 260 Dollars!!

    WTF?? I can hardly afford the other prescriptions which are only 36 a month!! Imagine 2 prescriptions costing the price of a Nintendo Wii every month.. Needless to say... I did not pick up the one prescription which came to 175 Dollars!!!

    Insurance from the place I am employed would cost me 600 a pay check (yes that's 1200 a month) Between doctors visits and the medications it would not pay for it's self either way....
    The high cost of health care is making me sick!
  • The Stupidity of Smart people or Ouch that Smarts

    Last year I was in the hospital several times for the same issue, KIDNEY STONES.  The first go round I knew what I had, but no one told me what to do about them so I went about my wicked ways..
    The next time I was caught off guard, no pain, just a pressure in my groin that on CT revealed the Grand-daddy  of stones along with his little brother, too long a stay in hospital and several operations later come to find out that my Urologist left the small stone in..   I had been told several possible causes and placed on a vegan diet.. Well Vegetarian was bad enough but Vegan was HORRIBLE  but I stuck to it for a long time, then I found out  about the doc leaving the 9 MM stone inside, and that at some point I would have to go through all that AGAIN!!
    SO here comes my stupidity, I have been told not to have anything that swims, flys, walks or crawls, hops, jumps basically NO MEAT, also no animal by byproduct such as dairy yadda yadda..
    OK so like I said did that , and lost weight felt bleh... when I found out about the other stone stopped listing to doc and went off the meat wagon as it were.

    So When will I learn, WHY do I do this to myself, I have passed several stones since then and it seems every other month I am in agony , do I want sympathy? No it's self inflicted and todays bout is worse than ever, bringing me home from work early having me drinking gallons of water, pacing and taking showers so hot they could boil a lobster.. and so knowing that I can't eat meat anymore or should really cut down.. what I want to know is WHY.. why do people knowingly do things they know will hurt themselves..I know someone who will say because they are stupid, and perhaps he would be right, but I do not think that is the case, at least not all the time, and not the only reason.
    So Why?? Why do we hurt ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment